Saturday, July 17, 2010

Here we go...

I've had this set up for about a week now with thoughts flying through my head on what my first post should be. I read several of my friends blogs, and from my eyes, I wonder how I could say anything as well as they do. I guess I'm a little hard on myself. But after thinking, I finally decided to go with what has been running through my head the most:

A song called I Already Know by Mandi Mapes. It's one of four songs about the book of Ruth. (This one is about the third chapter.) 

If you don't know the story, you should stop reading this and go read Ruth (it's only four chapters long). I will give you a quick summary of Ruth 3, though. This is where the story gets good. Naomi tells Ruth that Boaz is a kinsman-redeemer and for her to make herself presentable and go lay at his feet. Ruth does just what Naomi tells her. Boaz finds Ruth at his feet and has compassion on her, but there is a twist. There is another kinsman-redeemer that is closer than Boaz. The chapter ends with a cliff-hanger: Will Boaz be the one?

Ruth 4 holds the answer, but Mandi Mapes' song gives Ruth (and us) hope no matter what happens.

I Already Know by Mandi Mapes

I'm closer than you can see
My love is greater than you know
Feel the weight of my mercy
My arms are open

I already know who's gonna save you
I already wrote the end of the story
You were made for me and I'll never leave you
and in the end it's all for my glory

Your life is my melody
Part a song that I am singing
in the dark it's hard to see
but there will be redemption in the morning.

Cling to me and wait
As I cover you with my garments
Can't you see you are my clay
and I'm the potter and you're carryin' my fingerprints

I already know who's gonna save you
I already wrote the end of the story
You were made for me and I'll never leave you
and in the end you will be happy
and in the end you will be with me
and in the end it's all for my glory

I really wanted to post a video of this song, but I couldn't find one. 
So instead, I strongly encourage you to go to www.grooveshark.com and listen to it. 
It is most definitely my new favorite song :).
 
I hope you have a great day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment