Tuesday, June 7, 2011

He holds my heart

...I won't shield God from my anguish by claiming He's not involved in the ache of this world and Satan prowls but he's a lion on a leash and the God who governs all can be shouted at when I bruise, and I can cry and I can howl and He embraces the David-hearts who pound hard on His heart with their grief and I can moan deep that He did this--and He did.
    I feel Him hold me--a flailing child tired in Father's arms.
    And I can hear Him soothe soft, "Are your ways My ways, child? Can you eat My manna, sustain on My mystery? Can you believe that I tenderly , tirelessly work all for the best good of the whole world--because My flame of love for you can never, ever be quenched?"


-From One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp


Whom have I in heaven but You? And earth has nothing I desire besides You. My heart and my flesh may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my Portion for ever.     Psalm 73:25-26

No comments:

Post a Comment